10 July 2006

Went to a little get together with some old friends.

The kids and I went to PA because Alex has been asking to go for a few weeks. Since Dave and the kids were there, and the Lamberts were having a cook-out, we decided this would a good time to go.

Our first stop on Saturday was the pool at French Creek State Park. It is a nice pool with a sloping entry, so the kids can gradually control their depth. I enjoyed it as well, at least until my back went out.

After a quick change at Oma and Opa's, the next stop was the super Wal-Mart for some cupcakes and Tylenol. We then went to the Lamberts, and were only an hour late.

Matt and Dawn represent 50% of my high school friends that I regularly keep in touch with (regularly = at least once a year). We always have a good time and enjoy the good food when we're at their house. Here are some shots of the kids on the hill:

We spent the night in the folk's driveway, which would have been uncomfortable had we not been in their RV. I slept soundly until 4:45 when I heard the Velcro sounds of Alex putting on his shoes. He'd waited as long as he could to go in and wake Oma so they could drink hot chocolate and watch the sunrise. I was able to persuade him to wait another 30 minutes before he went in. Don't feel too bad for my mom, since she was the one that told him he was an early-bird and promised him hot chocolate.

No comments: