02 April 2007

Busy Saturday

I arose early Saturday morning to catch the sunrise on an old stone spring house that I've been wanting to photograph for a while. It was near enough to bike, and had it not been cloudy, I would have arrived just in time. Even so, I got some half decent shots:

springHousespringHouse Hosted on Zooomr


On the ride back, I stopped at another unused old building - this time a barn across from my neighborhood. Just photographing some of this stuff made me feel like I need a tetanus shot.

oldBarn starThing oldDoor

Next up was the opening day of U6 Soccer - Our Avalanche (now in white) vs the Yellow Wildcats. Both teams showed improvements, and the game was much closer than when these two teams met opening day in the fall (or it would have been had score been kept). Here are some shot of Alex in the "Big Kick" defense:

alexSoccer3alexSoccer3 Hosted on Zooomr


alexSoccer2alexSoccer2 Hosted on Zooomr


It was then back to the house for a quick lunch, before heading for the Shady Grove Metro station to take the subway into DC. The main reason for this trip was so that Shelley could pick up her packet for Sunday's Cherry Blossom 10 Mile race. (She finished the race in under 90 minutes which is quite impressive for a woman her age). While Shelley was off getting her stuff, the kids and I went to the Air and Space Musuem. The highlight of this was Digital Dome hi-def planetarium show.

It was then time for some hot dogs, popcorn, and requisite carousel rides in the mall before dragging our tired selves back to metro and back home.

familyMallfamilyMall Hosted on Zooomr


ellaMallPicnicellaMallPicnic Hosted on Zooomr


carousella07carousella07 Hosted on Zooomr


alexMallalexMall Hosted on Zooomr


determineddetermined Hosted on Zooomr

No comments: