30 May 2007

Pig, Bull, and Chicken

We spent a long Memorial Day weekend in North Carolina attending the Second Annual Pig Pickin. Read Dave's blog for more details on what is involved with turning a 72 pound pig body into a delicious meal. I will tell you that he has the knack, and as they say in Charolette's Web, that was some pig.

We also did some other fun stuff in NC, including visiting downtown Mebane for some good pizza, seeing Spider-Man 3 in Durham, and attending a Durham Bull's game. I'll do another post with pictures from the weekend once Zooomr is back online.

On Monday night, aka Going Home Eve, I noticed some suspicious red spots on my shoulder. I would have written them off as bug bites had our neighbor back in Adamstown not informed us that her daughter and constant friend and playmate of Alex and Ella had the pox. The Chicken Pox that is.

To cut to the chase, I don't have the pox, since I had them a few decades ago. My doctor says I either have shingles or bug bites. Ella, on the other hand, definitely has Chicken Pox, and it seems Alex may have them, too. Looks like we'll all be speding some more time together over the next few days.

So, if any of the 60 or so people at the Pig Pickin or the 10,000 people at the Bull's game get some red dots on themselves, I apologize.

No comments: